uNID and CIS Password Synchronization
All students, faculty and staff have access to login to Campus Information Services using their uNID and secure password. Campus Information Services uses portal technology for students and staff to access registration, student records, benefits and payroll information, financial data, etc. Those who also use UMail, WebCT, HSC InterComm, telephone bills, Software Licensing, wireless access, etc... will have passwords synchronized between the two systems. To have your password synchronized, simply change your password through the Campus Information Services (CIS).
Password Requirements & Guidelines
- Your uNID (CIS) password must be at least 8 characters long.
- Your new password may not match the first 8 characters of your previous 6 passwords
- We encourage you to use a combination of letters (MixeD CaSe), numbers, and symbols in your password.
- Passwords should not be birthdates, phone numbers, any family or pet names, or any part of your username.
- Passwords cannot contain spaces, double or single quotes.
- Examples of good passwords:
"Iam#7of9" (I'm the 7th of 9 children) and "iC@n'Tgn0$" (I can't get no satisfaction)
- Never share your password with anyone!
- Your password will expire after 180 days.
For more information on passwords, please call the Campus Help Desk at 801-581-4000, option 1, or the ITS Help Desk at 801-587-6000.