UMail (University email) is the official form of communication at the University of Utah. Everyone at the University receives a free email account from the '@utah.edu' domain and/or a departmental email address (i.e., @law.utah.edu, @business.utah.edu, etc.).
- Students receive 50 MB of email storage with their account.
- Staff and faculty receive up to 3GB of email storage. This account should only be used for University-associated email.
- To increase your mailbox size limit, contact your departmental IT Technician, or the Help Desks at 581-4000 Opt 1 for Campus or 587-6000 for Hospital
*Note: The size of an email message (including attachments) is limited to 50MB.
Activating Your UMail Account
To activate your UMail account:
- Login to CIS using your secure password.
- From the "My UMail" group, select UMail Settings. (Alternatively, you can also go directly to the uNIDAccount Tools page by logging in at https://unid.utah.edu.)
- By default, UMail accounts are [your uNID]@utah.edu. To display your name, rather than your uNID, for your email account, follow the instructions to Create a New Alias.
- Optionally, you may set up email forwarding, specify your inclusion in the UMail Address Book, and Compute/view your UMail usage from the uNID Account Tools page at any time. (For more information, see UMail Settings.)
- To complete the activation of your UMail account, login via the UMail Web Interface at www.umail.utah.edu.
To set up your email client or mobile device to access your UMail, visit UMail Setup Instructions.
If you have questions regarding the Campus UMail System, please contact the Campus Help Desk at 801-581-4000 or email@example.com.