Communications infrastructure is the foundation of integrated communication services that allow customers to interact effectively with people both on and off campus. Communications Infrastructure provides support and design; technology selection; systems management and administration; and review and development of IT policies and standards that enable and support the mission of The University of Utah.
The unit commits to:
- Support and promote the productive use of technology throughout the organization
- Use proven industry best practices
- Ensure that all technology in place is secure, reliable, and performs as needed
- Provide timely and effective end-user support to resolve problems and provide assistance
- Participate with the U’s IT Governance program to select quality technology solutions designed to meet University needs
- Protect business interests and technology investments through effective IT policies and practices, including adoption of IT service management best practices
- Foster trust relationships, collaboration and unification across campus and University Healthcare IT entities
- Install, maintain, and document all voice, data, and fiber optic cable for the University including off-campus locations and clinics. Assist the Facilities Management department with designing new buildings to meet all current data needs.
- Track and analyze incoming incidents and provide timely closure.
- Maintain physically secure production space at the Downtown Data Center, meeting or exceeding industry best practices for cooling, redundant electrical power, and network connectivity.
- Offer for-fee contracted IT support services to campus departments in need of software, desktop, security, planning, implementation, and server support.
- Provide voice (phone), email and calendaring, secure messaging, voice- and web-conferencing, cable television, and collaboration services to the University of Utah and University of Utah Health.
Director: Mike Ekstrom
The University of Utah
102 S 200 E, Suite 110
Salt Lake City, UT 84111