With the leadership of Chief Information Officer Dr. Steve Hess, University Information Technology (UIT) strives to provide stable, dependable, and secure IT access for students, faculty, staff, clinicians, patients, researchers, and visitors. As the central IT service provider for the main campus and many University of Utah Health IT services, UIT is responsible for the University of Utah's most critical common IT resources including the wired and wireless network; Campus Information Services (CIS); UMail, telephone, and online collaboration services; information security; research/high performance computing; software licensing; IT governance leadership; and a number of other systems and applications.
UIT is a trusted partner and leader for University of Utah information technology services and solutions.
- Support and stay aligned with the U’s strategic goals:
- Develop and transfer new knowledge
- Promote student success to transform lives
- Engage communities to improve health and quality of life
- Ensure long-term viability of the university
- Provide secure, available, and reliable access to central information and communication technology services
- Partner with the university community to ensure access to the central IT resources each group needs
- Offer IT resources to the university community regardless of time, location, or device
- We seek IT solutions and improved processes that save time and money, minimize duplication, improve processes, and meet users’ needs for learning, teaching, research, patient care, and administration
- We solve problems through a consensus-based and collaborative approach
- We partner with the U community to protect university data and systems while respecting reasonable expectations for privacy
- We keep our commitments
- We value teamwork and the contributions of our employees and the campus IT community
- We depend on open, clear communication
- We adopt proven leading-edge technologies
Equity, diversity, and inclusion
UIT is committed to creating a workplace culture that values equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), and we believe that everyone plays a role in fostering EDI, every day. EDI isn’t just the right thing for our employees and the university community; it’s also the smart thing. It empowers us to provide the best IT services for our students and their families, staff, faculty, clinicians, and patients and their families.