Node 4 News from around UIT
Why Node 4? In 1969, the University of Utah’s Computer Science Department became the fourth node of ARPANET, the world's first packet-switching computer network and precursor of today’s internet.
Updates & Reminders
- University of Utah Police is sponsoring a slogan and poster contest for students on community safety topics like cybersecurity
- The UIT Service Guide provides a glance at UIT services and resources, and highlights how we support our U stakeholders and partners
- Review this schedule to keep tabs on 2020 and 2021 university closure days and holidays
- A UIT change moratorium is in effect from December 23, 2020-January 4, 2021 and January 15-22, 2021
- UIT news and information resources for faculty, staff, and students
- Direct IT career candidates to our jobs page
- UIT- and UofU-branded templates are in Box (authentication required)
- 102 Tower building website
- UIT online service quick links
- IT guides for students, faculty, staff and IT workers
Have you seen it?
This photo was taken somewhere on campus.
If you're a UIT employee and think you know where, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answer by Friday, January 8, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Correct answers will be entered into a prize drawing.
The Campus Bike Shop was the location of the previous photo.
1pm - 2pm
Overview of CHPC — online
10am - 12pm
Architecture and New Technology Committee (ANTC) — online
1pm - 3pm
Hands on Introduction to Linux, part 1 — online
11am - 12pm
University of Utah IT Exchange (ITX) group — online
10am - 1pm
Data Privacy Day 2021: Data Privacy in an Era of Change
1pm - 3pm
Hands on Introduction to Linux, part 2 — online