Node 4 News from around UIT
Why Node 4? In 1969, the University of Utah’s Computer Science Department became the fourth node of ARPANET, the world's first packet-switching computer network and precursor of today’s internet.
Updates & Reminders
- Is your pet a Ute fan? Send University Print & Mail Services a picture for a chance to be featured in its yearly calendar.
- The campus-wide Remote Resources Guide includes information about working, teaching, and learning remotely
- The university has signed a five-year, campus-wide software agreement for Qualtrics CoreXM, an online survey tool. U faculty, staff, students, and orgs can purchase licenses.
- U staff with an IT role can request no-cost access to Udemy for Business, an on-demand learning platform
- The UIT Service Guide provides a glance at UIT services and resources, and highlights how we support our U stakeholders and partners
- The U community can sign up for Coursera programs for free until July 31. Participants have until September 30 to complete them.
- UIT news and information resources for faculty, staff, and students
- Direct IT career candidates to our jobs page
- UIT- and UofU-branded templates are in Box (authentication is required)
- 102 Tower building website
- UIT online service quick links
- UIT’s IT guides for students, faculty, staff and IT workers
Have you seen it?
This photo was taken on campus. If you're a UIT employee and think you know where, email email@example.com with your answer by Friday, June 12, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Correct answers will be entered into a prize drawing.
Thanks to everyone who correctly guessed the location of the previous photo — Rose House at Red Butte Garden. The winner of the random drawing was Ariel Baughman (Information Security Offfice).
9am - 3pm
XSEDE HPC Monthly Workshop: Summer Boot Camp (webcast)
1pm - 3pm
Hands-on Introduction to Linux Part 4 (online via Zoom)
1pm - 2pm
Module Basics (online via Zoom)
1pm - 2pm
Slurm Basics (online via Zoom)
UETN Tech Summit
1pm - 3pm
Hands-on Introduction to Python Part 1 (online via Zoom)