Resource guide for IT staff at the University of Utah
University Information Technology (UIT) is a central IT service and support provider at the U. There are several informational, news, and support options to help IT staff on campus do their work, stay informed, and collaborate with one another.
- UIT website
- UIT Knowledge Base and UIT Service Catalog — self-serve info and ordering
- UIT Help Desk — 801-581-4000, option 1
- NotifyIT — outage notifications (SMS and email options)
- IT service status website — opt in for notifications
- @UofUITStatus — companion Twitter feed
- UIT's news and info email service — subscribe for newsletters, planned downtime announcements, and more
- @UofUIT — Twitter-based UIT news and information
- Center for High Performance Computing — research computing support for the university
- Information Security Office — ensures the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of university IT systems
- @UofU_ISO — companion Twitter feed
- Information technology policies — IT resource and security requirements at the University of Utah
- IT governance at the U — get involved through your org's representatives
- Independent campus IT community groups
- Office of Software Licensing — use on university-owned machines is usually free, and home-use licenses are available for free or for purchase
- Network Point of Contact Database
NEW STAFF IT GUIDE
Visit our New Staff Guide to Digital Resources for a quick glance at other general resources you may need while onboarding at the U.
UIT SERVICE GUIDE
The UIT Service Guide gives a glance at UIT services and resources, highlights how we support our partners, and is designed for printing individual pages for meetings as needed.