University Information Technology (UIT) is a central IT service and support provider at the U. There are several different informational, news, and support options to help IT staff on campus do their work, stay informed, and collaborate with one another.
- UIT website
- UIT knowledge base and UIT service catalog - self-serve info and ordering
UIT Help Desk 801-581-4000
- Subscribe to NotifyIT for outage notifications – SMS and email options
- IT service status website - opt in for notifications. Companion Twitter feed @UofUITStatus
- Subscribe to UIT's news & info email service - get newsletters, planned downtime announcements, and more
- @UofUIT - Twitter-based UIT news and information
- Information Technology Policies - review IT resource and security requirements at the University of Utah
- IT Governance at the U - get involved through your org's representatives
- Independent campus IT community groups
- Office of Software Licensing - get software. No-cost options include Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Box, and Skype for Business. Deeply discounted offerings include MATLAB, Simulink + 49 companion products.
- Register in the Network Point of Contact Database
- UIT's Customer Advocate Program (requires Box access) - when normal UIT problem-solving channels aren’t working
Visit our New Staff Guide to Digital Resources for a quick glance at other general resources you may need while onboarding at the U.