Under the leadership of Chief Information Officer Dr. Steve Hess, University Information Technology (UIT) strives to provide stable, dependable, and secure IT access for students, faculty, staff, clinicians, patients, researchers, and visitors. As the central IT service provider for the main campus and provider of many University of Utah Health IT services, UIT is responsible for the University of Utah's most critical common IT resources including the wired and wireless network; the Campus Information Services (CIS) portal; UMail, telephone, and online collaboration services; information security; software licensing; and a host of other systems and applications. Research/high performance computing also has a reporting relationship to the UIT organization.
In addition to providing these important IT services, UIT also works with other units across the university to ensure each unit has the central IT resources it needs to fulfill its mission.
A trusted partner and leader, transforming information technology services and solutions
- To support the University’s mission to foster path-breaking scholarship and providing high-quality affordable education and health care
- To provide timely, secure, and reliable access to information, communication and technology services
- To extend access to University resources to a diverse constituency regardless of time, place, or device
- We seek effective solutions that meet the needs of our clients and can save time and money, minimize duplication, and improve processes
- We solve problems through a consensual and collaborative best practices approach
- We provide secure, reliable access to information and services
- We protect university data and systems while respecting our community’s reasonable expectation of privacy
- We keep our commitments
- We value teamwork and the contributions of our employees and the campus IT community
- We value open, honest communication
- We listen
- We are rapid followers in adopting leading-edge technology