RECENT NEWS MORE NETWORK NEWS
Network POC database is moving to ServiceNow
Solving a cabling conundrum in the West Village
Quick on The Draw: UIT sets up Wi-Fi on tight schedule
Access the university's VPN with GlobalProtect
To access certain resources on the University of Utah network, university employees and students working or studying remotely should use the Palo Alto GlobalProtect virtual private network (VPN) client.
Please note that the VPN is not required for many commonly accessed online services (e.g., UMail , Canvas, Kronos, and Campus Information Services). Use your home network for streaming music and video, browsing the internet, etc.
The U's wireless networks
- UConnect is a secure connection requiring a valid uNID and password — visit onboard.utah.edu to connect a device
- UGuest is an unsecured, open-access network for visitors with limited bandwidth
- ULink is the U's wireless network for Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- Eduroam gives students, faculty, and staff to secure internet connectivity across campus and when visiting participating institutions
Are you a good Wi-Fi citizen?
It may not be obvious at first, but what you do can affect Wi-Fi performance for those around you. Setting up your own wireless hot spot or router will create connectivity issues for those around you. Good etiquette is necessary for everyone to get the connection they need!
- Choose your connection wisely
- Wired connections have benefits
- Stop sending mixed signals
Tips & resources
Telecommuting tipsCompared to working on campus, telecommuting can present different information security risks, especially when it comes to network security, data storage, and physical security. By following these information security best practices, you can help protect yourself and the university from cyberthreats.
Cloudpath detected as a virus
Virus detection software may identify Cloudpath (onboard.utah.edu) as a virus. If this happens, users may have to update their virus definitions and security content.
Cloudpath is the certificate security software integrated with onboard.utah.edu.
(Service Portal requires authentication)
- Information Security Office
- Center for High Performance Computing — Perfsonar
- Utah Education Network
- Internet2 Network Operations Center
- Network Services org chart
UOFU IT NEWS
- UIT: Node 4
- ITS: Hardwired (authentication required)