- Barb Iannucci, associate director for USS Content Management & Usability, gave an
update on the Google Search Appliance (GSA) replacement task force's findings. SITC
had voted to approve purchasing the GSA extension unless both the FAR and UHealth teams indicated they did not need it, and both these teams
gave verbal indication during the EWAC meeting that they do not need the extension.
- Paula Millington, director for UIT Strategic Planning & Process, gave an update on the working group's progress on the revision to Policy 4-003.
- Millington also briefed the group on the decision to form a sub-committee that will review the current landscape of content management system (CMS) usage at the U, as well as identify a future vision and functional requirements for a CMS tool that would satisfy the majority of needs at the U. The committee spent some time discussing this.
December 5 • Agenda
- Harish Maringanti, associate dean for IT and Digital Library Services at the Marriott Library, gave a presentation on the library's usage of Software2 for the past 19 months and facilitated a discussion with the committee on broadening the scope of using Software2 at the U.
- Paul Burrows, TLT information architect, gave a brief update on the Learning Spaces/student computing fees process for 2018.
- Preston Tanner, instructor for Parks, Recreation, and Tourism gave a demonstration for Yellowdig, a plug-in tool for Canvas. The committee then discussed the tool.
- The committee briefly reviewed and discussed the student-centered classroom committee charter.
- Cory Stokes, UOnline Director and Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, facilitated a discussion on software procurement and how that topic was covered in the SITC meeting on November 28, 2017.
- There was no ANTC meeting this month. The next meeting will be held on Monday, January 22, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in the Eccles Broadcast Center, Dumke Room.
- There was no SITC meeting this month. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 16, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the Eccles Broadcast Center, Dumke Room.