Tax season information
Tax forms for University of Utah employees are being processed, and UIT staff members can expect their 2017 W-2s to be available no later than Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Electronic W-2s (once available)
- To view your W-2 electronically, sign in to CIS and select the Employee page
- Select the Payroll, Taxes and Salary tile
- Select View W-2 Forms to access your W-2
Paper W-2s (once available)
- If you did not elect to receive your W-2 electronically and are currently employed, paper W-2 forms will be delivered to your department at the end of January. Please contact your manager for a hard copy of your W-2.
- If you did not elect to receive your W-2 electronically and are not currently employed, paper W-2 forms will be mailed to the address on file in CIS.
If you are no longer employed at the university, your W-2 will be mailed at the end of January, unless you elected to receive your W-2 electronically. If you did not receive it in the mail or elected to receive it electronically, see the instructions above for electronic W-2s. Contact the Campus Help Desk at 801-581-4000 option 1 if you have issues logging in to CIS.
Please visit the Tax Services website for FAQs, "How to read the W-2," and more useful information.
Our monthly newsletter includes news from UIT and other campus/ University of Utah Health IT organizations, features about UIT employees, IT governance news, and various announcements and updates.