UIT seeks help with testing, and invites your feedback
UIT is pleased to announce that ULink, a new wireless network dedicated to Internet of Things (IoT) devices, has come off a pilot program and is now live.
Examples of ULink-compatible IoT devices:
- Media players (Chromecast, Roku, Fire TV stick)
- Smart TVs (Apple TV, Sony TV)
- Voice-controlled speakers (Echo, Google Home)
- Gaming consoles (Xbox, PS4)
- Smart watches (Samsung Gear 3, Apple Watch)
- Other smart devices (clocks, scales, thermostats, outlets, smart boards, light bulbs, etc.)
To help us make ULink as robust as possible, UIT appreciates the help of students, staff, and faculty with testing the new network. We would also value your feedback on the onboarding process.
- Follow these instructions to find your IoT device's MAC address
- Register the device via https://onboard.utah.edu/
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions
- Select Students, Faculty, Staff
- Select Other Devices
- Enter your uNID and password
- Select personal or managed device
- Enter your wireless MAC address
- A password will be generated, and you should receive a confirmation email
- Visit this knowledge article for help configuring common IoT devices
- You can test to see if your connection was successful by visiting www.google.com
Once onboarding is complete, please fill out this brief survey: https://uitutah.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3lAFC6SrCchMamF
Thank you for your help improving wireless services at the University of Utah.
Note: Development and release of the ULink network was endorsed by the university's Network Architecture Community of Practice, and approved by the U's Strategic Information Technology Committee (SITC) and Architecture and New Technology Committee (ANTC).