April 23 • Agenda
- Ken Pink, Deputy CIO, gave an update on the Software Anywhere working group and the work completed thus far. The group has attempted to reach out to all the colleges and departments to gather information on what software is currently being used and purchased for students, as well as engaged the U's Spark initiative to conduct student surveys regarding software distribution on campus. Due to the time of year, the group plans to have a finalized recommendation in early fall 2018.
- Steve Hess, Chief Information Officer, reviewed the results of a campus IT training needs assessment survey that was conducted recently. The committee discussed the top 10-20 results and the best way to move forward with meeting those training needs.
- Mike Ekstrom, director for UIT Network and Communications Infrastructure, gave an update on cellular service and the future of distributed antenna systems (DAS) at the U.
- Dave Packham, UMail and Collaboration team manager, gave a quick update during the open floor time on blocking inbound/outbound SMTP, and the possible use of SPF records.
- The committee agreed to cancel next month's meeting, which falls on a holiday.
- The next EWAC meeting will be held on Friday, April 27, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Dumke Conference Room, Eccles Broadcast Center.
- There were no portfolio meetings in March or April.
- There was no April SITC meeting. The next SITC meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 15, 1:00 - 2:45 p.m., in the Winder Boardroom, Park Building.