IT governance roundup
- CISO Dan Bowden presented the problem of certificate management; his recommendation was that someone (ISO or another group) needs to manage certificates for the campus. The committee voted to form an ad hoc group to bring further recommendations to the ANTC.
- The Identity and Access Management team was asked to continue discussions with individual groups about Active Directory consolidation and to come back to the ANTC if a specific architecture decision needs to be made by governance.
- Scott Sherman presented the new governance web forms, and they were approved as-is. They move to the SITC for consideration.
- CIO Steve Hess presented the University of Utah IT Strategic Plan, and it was approved. It moves to the SITC for consideration.
- The financial model statement of work was approved to move forward with Phase 1 (current state assessment, identification of services and costs, etc.). It moves to the SITC for consideration.
- Hess, along with CFO Lisa Kuhn, presented the financial model statement of work and received approval to move forward with Phase 1 (current state assessment, identification of services and costs, etc.). It moves to the SITC for consideration.
- Jim Livingston presented a draft of the network connection memorandum. The committee voted in favor of pulling together an ad hoc group to discuss edits to the draft. Trevor Long will lead this group. Several people volunteered, and others were suggested.
- Voting members agreed on consistent meeting days and times for future meetings (4th Monday of the month, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.).
- The University of Utah IT Strategic Plan was approved.
- The new governance web forms were approved as-is, with the condition that a fourth is created for requesting to change/retire a service. That form will be presented at the next governance meeting.
- The financial model statement of work was approved.
- Tom Howa (USS Business Intelligence), Mike Martineau (Institutional Analysis), and Mark Winter (Budget and Analysis) presented the BI Center of Excellence proposal. It was approved, with the decision made to begin revising the U's current data management policy.
- Barb Iannucci (University Support Services) presented the holistic web strategy proposal, which resulted in lively discussion about a number of semi-related issues. The group ran out of time and opted to bring the web strategy back at a future meeting.
- The UIT Project Management Office, UIT service management platform, and UShop implementation topics will be moved to the next meeting.
- The group will meet again next month. A date and time were not selected.
Our monthly newsletter includes news from UIT and other campus/ University of Utah Health IT organizations, features about UIT employees, IT governance news, and various announcements and updates.