UIT news and information resources for faculty, staff, and students
Below are some resources to help members of the U community stay up to speed on UIT news.
UIT information email service
Our information email service is open to all faculty, staff, and students. You can subscribe by entering your email address in an online form, and you can opt out at any time.
Subscribers receive monthly Node 4 newsletter emails, as well as occasional UIT announcements, including planned service downtime notices. Those who are interested in the U’s most critical common IT resources may wish to subscribe. Services covered include the campus network; the Campus Information Services (CIS) portal; UMail, telephone and online collaboration services; information security; software licensing; research computing; teaching/learning technologies; and a range of other IT systems and applications. The email list provides non-urgent UIT information only.
UIT unplanned outage alerts and updates
- Sign up for NotifyIT alerts (SMS and/or email)
- System status webpage https://uofu.status.io and Twiiter https://twitter.com/uofuitstatus (same information as NotifyIT messages)
- University application health summary https://status.it.utah.edu (more granular information; access requires campus IP address)
Main UIT websites
- UIT's main website: it.utah.edu
- Knowledge Base (self-service online help)
- Service Catalog (self-service ordering)
- Planned downtimes (maintenance events that will cause service outages)
- Planned Work & Changes (IT changes not expected to cause service outages)
- Business Intelligence: https://bi.utah.edu/
- Center for High Performance Computing: https://www.chpc.utah.edu
- Content Management & Usability: https://websites.it.utah.edu
- Information Security Office: https://security.it.utah.edu/
- Identity & Access Management (ISO): https://identity.utah.edu
- Network Services: https://it.utah.edu/network
- Office of Software Licensing: software.utah.edu
- Project Management Office: https://it.utah.edu/pmo
- Teaching & Learning Technologies: https://tlt.utah.edu
- UIT departments (additional webpages): https://it.utah.edu/departments
- University of Utah IT Governance program: https://it.utah.edu/cio/it-governance-committees
- UIT Service Guide (overview of UIT services and resources)
- UIT org chart: https://it.utah.edu/orgcharts
- UIT and ITS job openings: https://it.utah.edu/about/jobs.php
- UIT Student University Development Opportunity program: https://sudo.utah.edu
Our monthly newsletter includes news from UIT and other campus/ University of Utah Health IT organizations, features about UIT employees, IT governance news, and various announcements and updates.